Getting things done
2016 was a slow year in terms of business for a lot of reasons, including the fact that I had a baby with me 24/7, I travelled alone with my 4 kids for 2 months and I was very ill for another 2 months.
I hope 2017 will be a much better one for my art business and to help me with that I made a list of things I want to accomplish this year. I also decided my annual theme will be Focus.
My main goals are:
- Take amazing photos of my work (DONE, thanks to Cleo fotography!) to:
- Make quality prints to sell
- Set up a blog (DONE!) and post once a week
- Find a physical spot in Dubai where I can sell my prints and work on paper
- Organize an exhibition in Ras al-Khaimah
- Teach two workshops a week (for now I have one)
- Grow my mailing list and have a monthly newsletter
- License my work
- Open an Etsy shop (DONE!)
I was able to check that last item off of my list a few days ago after working hard to set up my shop, and I'm now able to sell directly from the web and deliver my work all over the world!
I'm now working on prints and licensing and of course I'm trying to paint everyday. Since my health is getting better, I also started to run 3 times a week again, which feels very good and helps with motivation in all other aspects of my life.
What about you? How do you feel about 2017 so far?